Lager Zwabitztal

Also indicated as „Lager A“, it was built by Italian forced laborers in late summer 1944. The camp included ten multi-storey residential buildings, the occupancy of which was planned for the German followers of the AGO Oschersleben (aircraft factory for Fw-190).

From January 1945, hundreds of the Hitler Youth and the (BDM) Federation of German Girls were housed here, although these buildings were not yet finished. As in almost every other camp, there were catastrophic hygienic conditions here.