Lager Rosengarten

The large hall of the restaurant was the first „REIMAHG“ camp. Before that, until February 1944, it was used as an RAD camp (Reichsarbeitsdienst) and later for the accommodation for forced laborers who worked in the Kahla porcelain factory. The first forced laborers, from Italy, deported to work at the construction project „REIMAHG“ arrived in Kahla on 11 April 1944. By August 1944, their number had risen to 600.