Zeltlager Bibra

The tent camp Bibra, also called the Ausländerlager Bibra or Lager VIII, was located on the north side of the Walpersberg in an open field, in front of the village of Bibra of the same name. The camp was built in June 1944, whose occupants were mainly people from the Soviet Union (Ostarbeiter). In the beginning it existed only as a tent camp, with wooded poles in the ground. In the cold winter of 1944/1945, the tents were replaced by prefabricated barracks.

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. View more
Cookies settings
Accept
Privacy & Cookie policy
Privacy & Cookies policy
Cookie name Active
Wir verwenden Cookies für Ihr optimales Nutzererlebnis auf unseren Seiten. Es gibt Cookies, die für den Betrieb der Seiten essenziell notwendig sind, und weitere zur anonymen Statistikerfassung.
Save settings
Cookies settings