More than 10,000 forced laborers from all over Europe were deported to Kahla for the construction of the „REIMAHG“ and its subsequent production. This required accommodation that was not available at the beginning of the deportation. The first forced laborers, Italians, were accommodated in the quickly cleared ballroom of „Rosengarten“ restaurant, Kahla, from mid-April 1945.
In a short time, more and more camps were built around the Walpersberg. The barracks, delivered in kits, were largely built by the forced laborers themselves. Most of these camps were not finished by the end of the war. In April 1945 there were about 40 camps in and around Kahla. For the German staff, every vacant room, including houses, especially in Kahla, was requisitioned by the „REIMAHG“ Quartieramt.
|10||LAGER RIESENECK KLEINEUTERSDORF|
|12||LAGER IN BIBRA|
|16||LAGER ZUM GRÜNEN AUE NIEDERKROSSEN|
|17||LAGER ZEUTSCH ZUR GRÜNEN LINDE|
|24||DEHNATAL LAGER 0|
|25||SS LAGER WALPERSBERG|
|26||LAGER IN KAHLA|
|27||LAGER IN ORLAMÜNDE|